Team Leader/Field Coordinator will be responsible for a team of 8 canvassers who will contact thousands of voters on local issues through a large-scale door-to-door canvassing program.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Start: Monday, Oct. 16 End: Wednesday, November 15
Days: Monday – Thursdays, some Saturdays
Hours: 2:00pm to 9:00 pm (weekdays), 9:00 AM -4:00 PM (Saturdays)
Pay per hour: $17.00.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily coordination of a canvass team of 8:
· Daily preparation of materials for phone or walk team. Prepare ahead of time
· Keep track of team – who is doing what, where, when
· Ensure that your team is prepared to talk to voters effectively and efficiently
· Daily convening of team to review assignments for the day.
· Maintain accurate team attendance time sheets.
· Daily briefings and debriefings with the canvassing team.
· Daily trouble-shooting, working with team members to train and improve results. Ensure that quality control is happening on a daily basis.
· Daily quality control monitoring to check team results.
· Prioritize Precincts
· Volunteer Recruitment – meet the numbers of volunteers for CEP program.
- Meet with statewide campaign organizers and staff as needed to go over results/ updates plans/ logistics for the week
- Manage Voter Apparatus
· Daily uploading of reports
· Monitor equipment
· Ensure that equipment is protected from being stolen
· Ensure that the team members complete all paperwork before they leave and that the numbers are correct.
- Operational Management
· Fiscal oversight of budget – Stay within the budgetary guidelines
· Ensure all meals are being provided (healthy snacks; water and light meal)
· Clean-up and stay organized
· Be on site prior to team arriving – set-up and pre-preparation for your team
· Ensure that you have a back-up list ofcanvassers on hand to mitigate the absence of employees during scheduled work times
· Maintain sign-in sheets and employee time sheets
· Oversee all time sheets
- Valid (driver’s license, or ID, US passport acceptable) and social security card.
- Ability to work up to 7 hours per day, five days a week.
- Ability to work well in a team-setting.
- Organized, on-time, positive attitude.
- Previous campaign experience is critical.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Vietnamese a plus.