We have a chance to begin re-shaping the future of our state through voter outreach, education and mobilization. We are currently seeking canvassers to work with our Civic Engagement Program. The canvasser will be responsible for contacting hundreds of voters through a large-scale door-to-door canvassing program.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
Start Date: Wednesday, Oct. 18 End Date: Monday, Nov.13
Days: Monday – Thursdays, some Saturdays
Hours: 3:00pm to 8:00 pm (weekdays), 10:00 AM -3:00 PM (Saturdays)
Pay per hour: $15.00.
A Canvasser is an individual who goes door to door to contact potential new or occasional registered voters. Canvassers essentially engage in campaigning with the goal of public opinions or citizen’s participation in a special-cause organization.
Canvassers must establish regular goals in an effort to enhance the number of leads or number of voters to come out and vote:
· Persuade individuals to become involved in the voting process
· Canvassers must stay current on changes in messaging
· Canvassers need to attend information training workshops
· Need to be willing to continually learn and be motivated to improve canvassing skill level
· Attend all Training Workshops
· Canvassers must have strong interpersonal communication skills
· Must remain organized and accurate when recording their canvassing activities or maintaining their canvassing materials.
· Maintain a positive, personable, outgoing and enthusiastic attitude.
· Work well in teams
· Attend a mandatory orientation and training
· Arrive to the canvassing location on time
· Willingness to engage voter in a professional manner
· Follow Civic Engagement Program (CEP) script to engage voters
· Identify and document voter responses to the Civic Engagement Program survey
· Agree to at least meet the required number of contacts while canvassing
· Canvassers will work 5 hours per day and up to 25 hours per week.
· Canvassers must be prepared to work in all types of weather, which might include rain and wind.
· Must be able to complete light physical activities such as standing or walking for long periods of time and also able to carry up to 10 pounds.
- May have to do some traveling and should have basic map-reading skills when working door to door.
- Valid (driver’s license, or ID, US passport acceptable) and social security card.
- Ability to work up to 5 hours per day, five days a week.
- Ability to work well in a team-setting.
- Organized, on-time, positive attitude.
- Previous campaign experience is critical.
- Valid driver’s license with proof of insurance and reliable transportation.
- Spanish and/or Vietnamese fluency