WEIGH IN! Your voice matters in policy decisions
City and County policies have a huge impact on housing prices and availability. San Jose is one of the most expensive places to rent in the country causing renters are being displaced and exploited. On November 14th, San Jose City Council will vote on protections for renters, and protecting renters creates stability for renters of all income levels.
Write to a City Council member or the Mayor about:
- No annual rent increases higher than the cost of living increase (about 2-3% most years)
- Don’t allow landlords to charge tenants for minor repairs, routine maintenance, or bringing buildings up to code
- No landlord banking to allow higher rent increases in future years.
- Extend rent control to include duplexes
- No evictions without due process.